Bienvenido & welcome to our 'Happy Place' - La Casa Palmera - Caminito Del Rey is a little piece of paradise.Looking for a special stay with sweeping views of the unspoiled Andalucian countryside? La Casa Palmera offers traditional charm with modern amenities.Below is a carousel. To go through the images, please swipe left or right, or tap the next and previous buttons.Skip to content
La Casa Palmera-Caminito Del Rey
The best of both worlds. 20 minutes from beautiful beaches to the south; 20 minutes North to the tranquil El Chorro lakes, and the Caminito Del Rey.
We like to think that we are among many who have a dream to live a life that we cherish, and having found 'our happy place', we hope that guests will fall in love with our home, in exactly the same way we have.
Having reached 'that age' where you feel that if you don't follow your dreams now, you may miss the boat; and having had a holiday home on the Manilva Coast for several years, we yearned to make our dream of a permanent life in Spain, reality.
So we made a 'wish list' - and yes; I know that no-one ever expects to get 5/5 when they find their dream home..... but guess what?
1. Traditional Spanish town where we can integrate into the Spanish lifestyle. Pizarra absolutely ticks this box. It is an inland town that is 98% nationals, with only a handful of expats. It retains its charm, its devotion to the community, and its authenticity - right down to the festivals and fiestas for which Spain is famous. My favourite this year was the wonderful Romero - the main feature being the magnificently turned out horses and their owners.
2. Within a 45 minute drive to Malaga and having international facilities within reach. Malaga airport is just 25 minutes away (but we are not on the flight path so there is no noise). Malaga town is 30 minutes by car, but a regular, very inexpensive train runs from Pizarra daily. Closer to home are the lager towns of Coin and Alhaurin El Grande, which, although still fundamentally Spanish, have a larger influx of expats and therefore more international services. oh, and the beautiful beaches are only 25 minutes by car!
3. The house and land must be fairly flat. This was the one thing we struggled to find - every property we viewed that we loved, was set into hillside and the land rendered useless unless we intend to keep goats (although having a small paddock at La Casa Palmera, i'm still trying to persuade Russ that 2 goats would be sweet)... When we stumbled on the house and grounds, it really was love at first sight. It had flat land, and was in the ideal location,
4. It had letting apartments that we could refurbish, touring pitches with a shower block, a stunning pool / outdoor entertainment area that we envisaged people relaxing and having fun in.... and a home that wrapped itself around us from the moment we stepped inside.
5. It must have a bar nearby. Well, as luck would have it, our local 'haunt' is owned by our neighbour, who runs a terrific bingo session, and serves fabulous tapas with the warmest of welcomes - all within a 2 minute drive, or a 25 - 30 minute stroll.
And so, here we are, less than 12 months into our dream and hoping to welcome guests as friends, inviting them to experience the blessed life we have found.
Come and see for yourself - we cant wait to meet you.
Russ & Tracey